Feta Pepper Dip

Sunday afternoons we typically have a HUGE family dinner at my Mom's. We end up eating around 2:00pm since it takes time after church to prepare the meal, so Sunday dinner is our one big meal (lunch and dinner combined). After church Sunday evenings we snack on appetizer type foods usually, so I was excited to try this new recipe I found for a Feta Pepper Dip.
It is a cold creamy dip, and so good. It is important blend the cheeses and mayo really well because you won't be able to scoop this easily with a chip if you leave chunks of feta in it.
I prefer to buy the block of feta versus the container of crumbled feta. I find that it is fresher and tastes a little milder. But by all means, use whatever feta you like :) This was perfect with a study BBQ chip!

I halved this recipe since I was just making it for Adam and I so that is why my dip portion looks small. Isn't that the cutest mini pie dish? I got it for Christmas from my good friend Marcia. She has given me some great stuff from Longaberger. Their pie plates are a personal favorite of mine, and this mini pie dish is no exception.

The recipe below came from Noble Pig, and I the only thing I did not include was green onions because I didn't have any.


Feta Pepper Dip

8 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup pepperoncini, sliced *buy the presliced since they don't have the hot seeds!
1/4 cup green onion, sliced
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
Black pepper to taste
Extra-virgin olive oil
Barbecue chips

Blend feta cheese, mayonnaise, and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl periodically.

Fold in sliced, green onions, lemon zest and black pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and chill dip for at least one hour before serving.

Drizzle dip with extra-virgin olive oil. Make sure to serve with a sturdy, barbecue chip.

Comments

Popular Posts