Corn & Blueberry Summer Salad

I love fresh local corn and blueberries in the summer, but I would have never thought to pair them together in a summer salad. I saw this recipe in the June issue of Better Homes & Gardens magazine and forgot about it, until I saw it again posted on The Picky Apple. Then I knew I had to try it, and it came out pretty good. The flavors meld together well after chilling for several hours. The sweet and tangy honey lime dressing adds a nice flavor to the mix. I made this salad to go alongside sour cream chicken enchiladas for dinner last week when my brother Joe and my sister in law Lacie came over. I halved the recipe and it was plenty for 4 adults, and we still had some leftover. Unless you were going to a party and needed a pretty good sized salad I would suggest halving the recipe.

Corn & Blueberry Salad
Ingredients
6 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 small cucumber, sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I left this out and was going to use parsley instead but forgot)
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. ground cumin

Directions
1. In Dutch oven bring salted water to boiling. Add corn. Cook, covered, 5 minutes, or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut corn from cobs.

2. In a serving bowl combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno. For dressing, in screw-top jar combine lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cover; shake well to combine. Add to salad; toss. Cover and refrigerate overnight (up to 24 hours). Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts