Jen's Oven Roasted Potatoes

My friend Jen shared with me her recipe for oven roasted potatoes. When I got this bag of baby red, white and blue potatoes I was excited to give it a try. They came out AWESOME!!! I love the combination of these colors and they all taste similar so don't be afraid to try new colors of your favorite veggies. Our local farmer's market has a great selection of little potatoes in all varieties - baby reds and fingerling and are perfect for roasting since they cook quickly.
First, wash your potatoes (I used about 1.5 lbs - do not peel them) and cut into slightly larger than bite size pieces. I left my itty bitty potatoes whole and halved the bigger ones. Put in a big bowl and add the following: 2 Tbsp of olive oil, 1 Tbsp of seasoned salt, and 1 1/2 tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning blend. This is really just approximate and Jen doesn't measure it, she just seasons to taste. Mix the potatoes well so they all get coated with the olive oil and seasonings. Set the bowl aside to let the flavors mingle while you preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Don't worry, these don't take too long too cook.
Once the oven is preheated, put your potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer. I used a silpat so mine would not stick, but Jen uses a quick release heavy duty foil. Good for quick clean up too! Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are browned and crispy looking. You can also turn the broiler on for a minute or two to really crisp them up, mine were already pretty crispy so I didn't need to. Just watch them like a hawk if you do the broiler thing because they can burn easily.
Don't those look amazing? They tasted great. I loved the variety of colors in this dish. Thanks Jen for sharing!

Comments

Popular Posts