Avocado Citrus Salad

We have been on an avocado kick lately at our house. I love adding chopped avocado to salads, soups, and even sliced in a turkey sandwich. When I saw Rachel Allen on PBS make this salad, it inspired me to pair the avocados with orange segments for a refreshing salad to go with roasted chicken and acorn squash for dinner last night. She called it "rocket salad" because she used arugula but I went for what I had and used some romaine lettuce that is still growing in my garden. It was pretty refreshing and flavorful and an interesting combination of flavors.

Avocado Citrus Salad

Ingredients:
1 lime
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 avocado, sliced into chunks
1 orange, peeled with a knife and cut roughly into segments
1 small head of tender lettuce

Directions:
In a bowl squeeze the juice of your lime and add the olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper and whisk well. Add the avocado and orange segments (as well as any extra orange juice from the cutting bowl) and the lettuce and toss well. Serve immediately.

Recipe adapted from Rachel Allen's "Favorite Food at Home."

Comments

Popular Posts