Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream

You have all heard me rave about my ice cream maker, right? I have shown you how to make some delicious flavors like cinnamon ice cream, peanut butter cup ice cream, and my favorite, peppermint ice cream. Here is another great one to add to your collection - Cookies 'n Cream! I had purchased oreo cookies for my father in law, who was recently here helping my husband install new hardwood floors (another post for another day). Well, there were several cookies left after he was gone. I knew the boys would gladly eat them...but I knew I would gladly eat them too, so I decided to use 'em up and make this ice cream recipe from Simple Comfort Food. It was creamy and delicious! Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream
recipe from Simple Comfort Food

Ingredients:
1 cup of whole milk, chilled
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups of heavy cream, chilled
2 tsp good quality vanilla extract
12 Oreo cookies, crumbled

Directions:
Make sure your ice cream maker insert bowl is frozen! I always keep mine in the freezer so when I want to make homemade ice cream, it is ready to go. If yours is not in the freezer, you will need to freeze it at least overnight before you can use it.

In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and sugar, until the sugar dissolves. Add the vanilla extract and the heavy cream. Assemble your ice cream maker, and turn it on, adding in your mixture.

Let the ice cream maker spin for about 25 minutes and then add in the crumble oreos. You may have to do this in stages if your ice cream maker is very full. Once thoroughly mixed in, turn off the maker and transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe bowl. Freeze for at least 3 or 4 hours, until the ice cream is firmed up and scoopable.
Creamy and Delicious. Now go make some!
And if you don't have one, go buy an ice cream maker already! Spring is officially here and summer is coming!

Enjoy.

Comments

  1. Yum! As a Leland, when I hear the word "ice-cream" my mouth begins to water. Your icecream is right up there with Brighams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying an ice cream maker is on my to-do list for this spring! I'm glad you posted the one you have, I was going to ask you which one you recommended.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts