Sriracha Glazed Chicken Wings

photo credit Everyday Food blog
Have you ever cooked with Sriracha, also known as Chinese Rooster Sauce? This stuff is packed with flavor and can be used in a variety of dishes. My favorite food magazine, Everyday Food, had several recipes and ideas featured using Sriracha in their latest issue. When I saw the glazed chicken wings, I knew I had to give it a try. I am pretty sure you can buy this sauce in your local grocery store, but I ventured into a new Asian Food Store that opened down the street from us to purchase mine. These chicken wings were da-bomb. For real. My husband, my brother, my son, and myself all loved them.
Sriracha Glazed Chicken Wings
recipe adapted slightly from Everyday Food, Jan/Feb 2001

Ingredients:
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons plus one teaspoon white vinegar
1 Tablespoon Sriracha
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons grated and peeled fresh ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 1/2 to 2 lbs chicken wings, cut in half at joint, wing tips removed (for a tutorial on how to properly cut chicken wings, check out this post)

Directions:
In a glass baking dish, whisk together soy sauce, white vinegar, Sriracha, sugar, ginger, and sesame oil. Add chicken wings, tossing to coat with the marinade. Marinate 30-45 minutes, flipping wings to the other side halfway through.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens, about 40 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through. I also drained about half of the marinade liquid that was in the pan about halfway through, to help the remaining sauce to thicken.
These definitely have a "kick" to them (although my five year old son ate them just fine). They were sticky and spicy and delicious. If you love chicken wings you should give this recipe a try. I will be making them again very soon.

Comments

  1. I've seen that stuff and been curious about it but never knew how to use it in a recipe. I will be trying this recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am letting them marinate overnight but first I made the sauce the way you instructed and it was, amazing. Also, just as a side note, since you said your five your old ate them just fine I decided to add some jalopenos, red chili peppers, green chili peppers, yellow chili peppers, extra rooster sauce (sriracha) and topped it all off with some habaneros, seeds and all, and the sauce was just as amazibg but with some real "kick". Great recipe even sans-peppers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts